Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo Anime Review

(Almost entirely adapted from my MAL review)


After reading a bad review for this, watching the first episode, dropping it, going back, and completing it, I must revise the opinion I once had that Mars of Destruction was the worst anime ever. Unbelievably, I have encountered an anime that is worse than Mars of Destruction and must wish that there are no more anime that are as bad.

Wataru is a boy who lives in a dormitory full of girls. A girl named Rinna transfers in and decides that she isn't going to make friends with anyone at the dorm, since nearly all of them will be moving out in a year. Now, Wataru has to convince her otherwise.

Even with that explanation of the plot (spoiler alert), Rinna has already changed her mind at the end of episode 2! Each 2 episodes shows each girl's arc, with a one-episode resolution at the end of the series. For that reason, Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo's story is, in my opinion, a mess. The art really isn't that great, either, and the characters.... Ugh, don't get me started. Miyaho annoys the heck out of me!

The OP and ED are the strongest point IMO, but they're still not good. The reason for those being the strong points is that the OP is sung by KAORI, the seiyuu of May/Haruka, from Pokémon Advanced. (I haven't watched the Japanese version of Pokémon Advanced, though.) Even so, every time it plays, I know that I'm in for another crappy episode that makes me wonder what I've done to myself.

I must apologize to the person whose review attracted me to this; I didn't listen to them, and now, look at this. I actually would have given the anime a 1, too, if it wasn't for the policy I made that says that I won't give any anime any 1s. With its messy story, not-pleasing art, annoying characters, and average music, Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo is definitely what I could consider an anime that should have never existed.

Worst. Anime. Ever.

Comments