Rescue Me! Anime Review

(Adapted from my MAL review)


Some anime just can't help but come close to crossing the border between anime and hentai. Rescue Me is one of those anime. I actually tried to watch it a few months ago, but I stopped about 5 minutes into it. After that, I kept trying to tell myself, "I'm not going to watch the whole thing." Boy, do I wish that I listened to myself!

Rescue Me is a one-episode OVA about a boy named Masayuki Mizutani. Apparently, his parents are out on vacation or something, so he is now living alone. At least, that's what he thinks. He walks into his house and is suddenly greeted by a girl wearing nothing but an apron. This girl is Sayaka Shimizu, who is in the same grade as Mizutani, and she was hired by Mizutani's parents to be his maid. Insert ecchi situation after ecchi situation here.

The story of Rescue Me is practically non-existent. You would think that an OVA with one episode in it would have at least a bit of a plot, but nope! All there is in this OVA are scenes that would make you think that this is a hentai! Apparently, the female characters, especially Sayaka, think that this is a hentai, too. What I mean is that a lot of the ecchi moments come from the "imaginative" minds of the female characters (and even one male character). It's like all of the characters, except Mizutani, are perverts, and if EVERY character in an anime is a pervert, there's definitely a problem.

Well, at least the animation is decent. Rescue Me has some bright, rather colorful animation. The voice acting is rather decent, as well; while they don't do a great job, they don't do terribly, either. The opening theme is a cute song; not a good song at all, but certainly cute. As for the ending theme.... wait a minute, the opening and ending themes are the same song! Well, not that I mind that too much, since this is just an OVA.

Even so, Rescue Me is a less than enjoyable anime. Giving it a 4 is me being extremely generous; it actually deserves a 3 or something. If you like borderline-hentai anime, and ONLY if you like borderline-hentai anime, I'd tell you to watch this. I warn you, though; this anime, believe it or not, is actually worse than another borderline-hentai anime that I've watched and reviewed.

Comments